Orthopaedic surgery is any surgery that is involves bones or joints. It includes procedures such as fracture repairs, ligament repairs and spinal surgery to name a few. At 4 Paws Veterinarians our veterinarians’ high level of expertise and our practice’s fully equipped surgical suite and digital radiography allows us to perform certain orthopaedic surgical procedures that your pet may require. These include:
- Cranial cruciate ligament repair
- Luxating or dislocating patella correction
- Fracture (broken bone) repair
- Dislocated joint repairs, for example hip dislocation
- Amputations for severe injuries or bone cancer cases
Complicated orthopaedic cases, such as spinal surgery and hip replacement, will need to be referred to a specialist orthopaedic surgeon. Our veterinarians will assess each case individually and provide the best advice for you and your pet.